Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Poem - A Life


I've sent this poem out several times to be published but always had it rejected. Perhaps it's too short, doesn't say enough. I've looked at adding to it. But I think it says all I want it to say. What do you think? 

A Life 

She sits in a yellow circle
Of lamp light
working with tiny stitches
on a wall hanging
made of silk and linen
stitching more of her life.

 Buy print book, Wind from Danyari, from www.feedaread.com
Joe Hennessy builds a sheep station in the north west of Western Australia.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I think your poem is very powerful Laurel, all the more so for being short. Her life's experience sounds as if it is limited or at least has a narrow focus. I like it.

    Also, having read Wind from Danyari, I can recommend this as a wonderful read to any one who is interested in history and in particular early Australian History. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was enlightened too.

    ReplyDelete