Friday, January 25, 2013

Child Rearing


All those lovely memories of babies, weariness and a time that won't come again.
 
CHILD REARING 

The baby awoke
All snuffy and puffy-eyed
rattling the bars of the cot
pleading to get into bed
with me. 

Finally we slept. 

At five-thirty
The toddler awoke
ready to begin the day. 

Creeping out of bed
Afraid of waking the baby
grabbing a dressing gown
and fur-lined boots
I tiptoe into the toddler's room
holding my finger to my lips
for silence. 

The toddler laughed
And called my name.
Mummy. 

A putting on of jumpers
And socks and slippers
on plump little feet
I carry her against my breast
her little body
like a warm sausage 

We stood on the verandah
And watched the sun
a glow in the east
signaling
it was about to rise
over the edge of our world.
 
download Substitute Bride from smashwords, sony, apple B&N etc
Emma Napier helps her friend escape an arranged marriage. Then she meet the dashing Lord Desborough at a shady inn who is looking for a temporary wife. Buy print copy at www.feedaread.com

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment